UK Woman Dies From Mesothelioma Due to Secondary Asbestos Exposure

A family of a woman who cleaned the asbestos-filled work clothes of her husband for ten years and later died from mesothelioma is bringing an asbestos lawsuit against the company he used to work for.

The Derby Telegraph recently reported that Jill Bolstridge made a habit of shaking the dirt off of the work overalls worn by her husband James after he returned home from his job at the engineering firm S Robinson and Sons. James’ job for a time involved sweeping up asbestos dust and regularly moving asbestos sheeting.

However, last May Jill began complaining of shortness of breath and was eventually diagnosed with malignant pleural mesothelioma. Months later in October 2011, Jill passed away from the asbestos disease at the age of 56.

Following her death, Jill’s family brought a lawsuit against S Robinson and Sons, alleging that the company did not have proper cleaning systems to get loose asbestos fibers off of workers’ clothes before they returned home. The family is currently still awaiting a verdict.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and now suffers from mesothelioma, contact Sokolove Law for a free legal consultation regarding a mesothelioma lawsuit.

Photo courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey.