Man Dies after a Fall, Widow Files Mesothelioma Lawsuit

An elderly UK man has died after slipping and falling while collecting his mail, and now his widow is suing the company where he worked as a candy maker for exposing him to asbestos. While this may sound like a stretch, there is a clear line connecting the dots.

George Feasey worked as a as a sugar boiler for Sun D’Or, which made a variety of candy products. Part of his job was cleaning out the two large industrial ovens that made the concoctions using a broom and hand brush. He also worked in the company boiler room on occasion. As it turns out, all of the boilers that Mr Feasy worked with contained a friable asbestos-containing material. Asbestos, especially in a friable (crumbing) form can cause numerous serious illnesses, including mesothelioma cancer, a devastating illness whose only known cause is exposure to asbestos.

As a result of his mesothelioma diagnosis, Mr. Feasey was prescribed a drug that prevents blood clotting, which unfortunately caused him to suffer a brain hemorrhage when he slipped and fell while collecting his mail one morning. He died a few weeks later at age 82.

Now his widow is suing the candy maker, alleging that it was his exposure to asbestos and subsequent mesothelioma that caused his unfortunate death. Mrs Feasey has called her husband’s former employers negligent and claims they failed to provide a safe workplace, or warn of the risks he was facing.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and have developed an asbestos-related illness as a result, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced mesothelioma attorney may be able to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.