More than 25 years after leaving her job as a machinist at a factory in England, a woman has died from mesothelioma that ws likely caused by asbestos exposure.
According to the This Is Lincolnshire, 47-year-old Larraine Kirk developed mesothelioma 25 years after she worked as a machinist in a factory between 1980 and 1984. While she was an employee there, she performed repairs on heating pipes that often were lined with asbestos insulation products.
In June 2011 a tumor was found in her bowel. She was eventually diagnosed with mesothelioma, and fought the disease before passing away Last October.
In addition to mesothelioma, asbestos exposure can cause also cause other deadly diseases such as asbestosis and asbestos lung cancer.
If you or a loved one was exposed to asbestos and has since developed mesothelioma, contact Sokolove Law to receive a free legal consultation.