Professor of Pathology
Medical Arts Building
715 Lake Street, Suite 500
Oak Park, IL 60301
Phone: (708) 445-9691
Fax: (708) 445-9692
Email: Carlos@Biomedical-Concepts.com; Carlos@Bedrossians.net
Dr. Bedrossian is an expert in his field, with 42 years experience as a pathologist, specializing in lung cancer and malignant pleural effusions.
- 1961, BS, Colegio Moura Lacerda, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 1967, MD, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 1971, Resident in Pathology, and Research Fellow in Pulmonary Pathology, Baptist Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, FL
- 1972, Fellow in Anatomic Pathology, University of Texas- MD Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, Houston, TX
- 1973, Fellow in Diagnostic Cytopathology and Pulmonary Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, and Chief Resident in Pathology, Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX
- 2002, MA, Strategic Studies, U.S. Army University, Carlisle, PA
- 2003, MA, Military Studies – Air Warfare, American Military University, Manassas, VA
- 2004, PhD, Pathology (Honoris Causa) &qout;Federico II,” University, Naples, Italy
Dr. Bedrossian currently serves as a Professor of Pathology at the Rush University Medical College in Chicago IL, and is on the Attending Staff for the Department of Surgery and Pathology for the Norwegian American Hospital in Chicago, IL. During his career he has focused his scientific interest on the molecular biology of Malignant Mesothelioma and also on non-invasive diagnosis of early stage lung cancer.
Sample of Publications:
Bedrossian CWM, Visscher DW. Mesothelioma vs. adenocarcinoma: Differential diagnosis by multimodal approach. Patologia 25(3)11: 130-132, 1992.
Bedrossian CWM, Bonsib S, Moran C. Differential diagnosis between mesothelioma and adenocarcinoma. A multimodel approach based on immunocytochemistry and electron microscopy.Sem in Diag Path 9(2):124-132, 1992.
Bedrossian, CWM. Bridging the gap between cytopathology and surgical pathology (Editorial). Diagn Cytopathol 12:1-2; 1995.
Diaz LK, Okonkwo A, Solans EP, Jones V, Bedrossian CWM, Rao S. Extensive myxoid change in well differentiated papillary mesothelioma of the pelvic peritoneum: a case report with review of the literature. Annals Diagn Pathol 6 (3): 164-167, 2002.
Reich R, Vintman L, Nielsen S, Kærn J, Bedrossian CWM, Berner A, Davidson B: Differential Expression of the 67 Kd Laminin Receptor in Epithelioid Malignant Mesothelioma and Carcinomas That Spread to Serosal Cavities. Diagn Cytopathol 33 (5): 332-337, 2005
Filho AL, Baltazar F, Bedrossian CWM, Michael C, Schmitt FC, Diagn. Cytopathol Immunohistochemical expression and distribution of VEGFR-3 in malignant mesothelioma Diagn. Cytopathol 35(12)786-791, 2007