Wisconsin Veterans & VA Information
The rate of mesothelioma is higher among U.S. veterans since every branch of the military used asbestos-based products until the early 1980s.
Did You Know?
Approximately 6,000 veterans died from mesothelioma between 1999 and 2005 alone, and one-third of all mesothelioma patients are veterans.
For victims who were exposed to asbestos in the military, federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) can help them locate referrals to specialists within the VA and other networks.
Additionally, both the VA and Wisconsin mesothelioma lawyers can assist with filing disability compensation and other asbestos-related claims.
Wisconsin VA Benefits
In the present, the VA has grown into one of the largest providers of benefits and services for veterans with mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma VA benefits Include:
- Aid & attendance
- Disability compensation
- Burial & survivor benefits
- Hospice care
Veterans can also access care from mesothelioma doctors who have partnered with the VA.
Two well known VA mesothelioma doctors include:
The Mesothelioma Justice Network has no affiliation with and is not endorsed or sponsored by Dr. Robert B. Cameron. The contact information above is listed for informational purposes only. You have the right to contact Dr. Cameron directly. Visit the UCLA Health website to learn more about Dr. Robert Cameron.
In Wisconsin, the following offices and facilities are here to help. Learn more about these offices by visiting va.gov.
Veterans Benefits Administration
- Milwaukee Regional Office, Milwaukee
VA Medical Centers
- Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Milwaukee
- Tomah VA Medical Center, Tomah
- William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
- Chippewa Valley VA Clinic, Chippewa Falls
- Hayward VA Clinic
- Madison Central Clinic
- Madison West Annex Clinic
- Rice Lake VA Clinic
- Twin Ports VA Clinic, Superior
- VA River Valley Integrated Health Center, La Crosse
- Green Bay Vet Center
- La Crosse Vet Center
- Madison Vet Center
- Milwaukee Regional Office
- Milwaukee Vet Center
- Wausau: Wausau Outstation
Veterans can learn more about filing for VA benefits by speaking with a Wisconsin mesothelioma lawyer. These lawyers can collect key information needed to file a VA benefits claim.
AML and VFW Service Officers in Wisconsin
Organizations such as the American Legion (AML) and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) have Veterans Service Officers (VSO) who can assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors.
VSOs are trained and accredited by the VA and other recognized organizations to help veterans file for military benefits.
Wisconsin-based service offices can be found from Adams to Wood county.
Offices serving the 10 largest cities in the state include:
- Milwaukee County Veterans Service Office, Milwaukee
- Dane County Veterans Service Office, Madison
- Brown County Veterans Service Office, Green Bay
- Kenosha County Veterans Service Office, Kenosha
- Racine County Veterans Service Office, Racine
- Outagamie County Veterans Service Office, Appleton
- Waukesha County Veterans Service Office, Waukesha
- Eau Claire County Veterans Service Office, Eau Claire
- Department of Veterans Services, Neenah-Menasha Branch Office, Oshkosh
- Rock County Courthouse, Janesville
Veterans can reach out to these service offices to connect with a VSO.