Louisiana Veterans & VA Information
One-third of all mesothelioma patients are veterans. Approximately 6,000 veterans died from the disease between 1999 and 2005 alone.
In response to this epidemic, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is now one of the largest providers of benefits and services for veterans with mesothelioma.
Louisiana Veterans Benefits
By filing for VA benefits, veterans with mesothelioma can access financial compensation and health care.
Mesothelioma VA benefits Include:
- Disability compensation
- Burial & survivor benefits
- Hospice Care
Veterans can also access medical treatments VA mesothelioma specialists.
VA mesothelioma specialists include:
The Mesothelioma Justice Network has no affiliation with and is not endorsed or sponsored by Dr. Robert B. Cameron. The contact information above is listed for informational purposes only. You have the right to contact Dr. Cameron directly. Visit the UCLA Health website to learn more about Dr. Robert Cameron.
In Louisiana, the following offices and facilities are here to help veterans. Contact these offices by visiting va.gov.
Veterans Benefits Administration
- Regional Benefits Office, New Orleans
- Fort Polk, Fort Polk
- Barksdale Air Force Base, New Orleans
- NSA (No MOU), New Orleans
VA Medical Centers
- Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, New Orleans
- Alexandria VA Health Care System, Pineville
- Overton Brooks VA Medical Center, Shreveport
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
- Baton Rouge Outpatient Clinic (North Clinic, South Clinic)
- Bogalusa VA Outpatient Clinic
- Franklin VA Outpatient Clinic
- Hammond VA Outpatient Clinic
- Houma CBOC
- Jennings Clinic
- Lafayette CBOC Campus (Specialty and Primary Care, Mental Health)
- Lake Charles CBOC
- Fort Polk CBOC, Leesville
- Monroe CBOC
- Natchitoches CBOC
- New Orleans VA Outpatient Clinic
- St. John VA Outpatient Clinic
- Knight Street Clinic, Shreveport
- Slidell VA Outpatient Clinic
- Alexandria Veterans Center
- Baton Rouge Veterans Center
- New Orleans Veterans Center
- Shreveport Veterans Center
Veterans looking to file for VA benefits should start by contacting a Louisiana mesothelioma lawyer, who can gather key documents needed to file a claim. Veterans can use this information to file a claim with the help of a Veterans Service Officer (VSO).
AML and VFW Offices in Louisiana
VSOs with organizations such as the American Legion (AML) and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) are trained and accredited by the VA and other recognized organizations to assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors.
Local VSOs can be found in offices specific to each state, your county courthouse, your local VA office, or the local organization’s headquarters.
Service offices in Louisiana can be found from Abbeville to Winnsboro.
Offices serving the 10 largest cities in the state include:
- New Orleans – Orleans Parish Veterans Service Office
- Baton Rouge – East Baton Rouge Parish Veterans Service Office
- Shreveport – Caddo Parish Veterans Service Office
- Lafayette – Lafayette Parish Veterans Service Office
- Lake Charles – Calcasieu Parish Veterans Service Office
- Bossier City – Northwest Louisiana War Veterans Home
- Kenner – Jefferson Parish East Veterans Service Office
- Monroe – Northeast Louisiana Veterans Home
- Alexandria – Rapides Parish Veterans Service Office
- Houma – Terrebonne Parish Veterans Service Office
Veterans can reach out to these offices to connect with VSOs who can help them file for VA benefits.