Asbestos Bankruptcies: Manufacturers of Asbestos-containing Products
As thousands of lawsuits against the major manufacturers of asbestos-containing products began to flood the courts, many of these companies filed for reorganization of their assets and debts under U.S. bankruptcy law. Today, nearly 100 companies have filed asbestos bankruptcies, and court-ordered trusts are estimated at over $30 Billion.
Funded by cash, insurance or company stock, bankrupt manufacturers form asbestos trust funds to compensate asbestos victims. Typical claim values are calculated—but then reduced— to an amount that the trusts can afford to pay for current and future asbestos claims.
Asbestos Bankruptcies: Qualified Attorneys Can Help with Claims
If you have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be eligible to file a claim with an asbestos trust. A mesothelioma attorney can assist you with filing an asbestos bankruptcy trust claim and help you get the compensation you deserve by:
- Answering your questions quickly and thoroughly
- Gathering documentation
- Completing paperwork
- Negotiating for the maximum settlement offer
- Alleviating your stress and anxiety along the way
Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Claims: How Can Sokolove Law Help?
Sokolove Law has a network of lawyers who can handle your asbestos bankruptcy trust claim no matter what state it should be filed in to maximize your recovery.
- Our attorneys will work to determine which asbestos containing products you or your loved one were exposed to.
- You or an informed representative will sign an affidavit confirming exposure to the product or products. (Our team can often help in locating a person with the knowledge of what products harmed you or your loved one.)
- Our team of asbestos lawyers and staff will recommend either an expedited review or an individual review of the claim. For those that meet basic requirements, most trusts have determined an automatic payout in which every approved claimant gets the same award (money).
Depending on the unique facts of your claim, our lawyers may recommend that you pursue an individual review of your claim which may result in a higher settlement value.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, let Sokolove Law help you fight for the compensation you deserve from the companies that manufactured and sold deadly asbestos-containing products.