UnDra's Testimonial

When I was in the Navy our ship's boiler blew up. The shipyard was brought in to fix the boiler. As they were cutting it open I was standing on fire watch with a fire extinguisher in hand and sitting next to the boiler under where they were cutting. When they removed the metal the worker discovered the asbestos. He got off the boiler and told my supervisors and then I was relieved from fire watch and was removed from the space. When myself and a few others of my shipmates tried to get medical to put it in our medical records they refused. But they did put it in the shipyard workers' records. I was lucky because my son's doctor put a note in my record about the incident with the dates of exposure. This is one of the incidents that made me resent and regret being in the Navy.

UnDra